felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Felix Http Service version 2.0.0
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 09:05:49 GMT
On 9/30/09 23:31, Sten Roger Sandvik wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback. I will check out the MD5 and SHA1 digests. Also
> will fix the issues that you are listing here. Was not sure how to do the
> NOTICE file so it was just a copy from something else :-) Do it need to be a
> 2.0.1 release? Could I just rollback the release by rolling back the pom's
> and delete the tag?

For me, personally, I don't care. However, officially, the issue is
since it was a failed release, we shouldn't release it all, because some
people might have grabbed the last JARs and are treating them as the
official release knowingly or not. So, the only way to prevent that is
to not have that release version at all, which means we do 2.0.1 instead.

As for why the digests failed in the first place, I don't really know. I
thought Maven just did this automatically. I am a release newbie myself,
so maybe someone else has some advice.

-> richard