felix-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@apache.org
Subject Re: Karaf admin commands in a command-line script
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 14:34:28 GMT
Ok, I've created a holder JIRA here:
I can't assign myself to it, but I'm working on it at the moment.

One quick question:
When I run a command standalone I see that it prints some funny
characters on my ordinary Windows console, probably caused by Ansi
code such as this (from AdminServiceImpl.java):
  println(Ansi.ansi().a("Creating new instance on port
  Creating new instance on port 8106 at: ←[1mc:\somewhere...←[m
What do I need to set up so that this doesn't print out these '←[m'
strings? Normally when it's run within Felix it looks fine...

2009/9/1 Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@gmail.com>:
> That sounds like a good idea!
> On Tuesday, September 1, 2009,  <davidb@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Karaf has a mechanism to create new instances that can be invoked from
>> within the Karaf shell, something like:
>>   admin:create my_instance
>>   admin:list
>>   admin:start
>> etc
>> I need to be able to do some of these things from the OS command line
>> so I've started on external commands (e.g. admin-create.sh) that can
>> perform these tasks as well (they mostly use the same code as used by
>> the karaf shell).
>> I was wondering would the Felix/Karaf community be interested in
>> these? If so I'll start creating some Jiras and attach patches...
>> Best regards,
>> David Bosschaert
> --
> Cheers,