felix-dev mailing list archives

From Dmitri Plavjanich <dmitri.plavjan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bundle Plugin for Maven and embedding unpacked jars
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 15:06:08 GMT
On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Stuart McCulloch <mcculls@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/9/2 Dmitri Plavjanich <dmitri.plavjanich@gmail.com>
>
> > On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 11:46 PM, Stuart McCulloch <mcculls@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> jars
> > > in
> > >

> http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html#ApacheFelixMavenBundlePlugin%28BND%29-Embeddingdependencies

> http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-bundle-plugin-faq.html#ApacheFelixBundlePluginFAQ-WhenIembedadependencywhydoIseeduplicatedcontent%3F
> > >

> > I don't want to export any packages from the embedded jars.  I think that
> > neglected to mention that my bundle that has these embedded jars also has
> > compiled code.  It is this code that I want to export, not anything
> inside
> > the embedded jars.
> >

> that's fine, then just follow the Embed-Dependency instructions in the
> first
> link
>
> if you still have problems then send your pom.xml to the list

The contents of the embedded jar still gets duplicated inside the bundle.

    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
                <extensions>true</extensions>
                <configuration>
                    <instructions>

<Embed-Dependency>support-jar;inline=false</Embed-Dependency>
                        <Export-Package>com.foo.api</Export-Package>
                        <Private-Package>com.foo.*</Private-Package>

<Bundle-Activator>com.foo.impl.Activator</Bundle-Activator>
                    </instructions>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>

    <dependencies>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.papoose.osgi</groupId>
            <artifactId>OSGi_R4_v4.1_core_spec</artifactId>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.foo</groupId>