felix-dev mailing list archives

From Don Brown <donald.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Concurrency problems in latest Felix
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 06:48:28 GMT
On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Karl Pauls <karlpauls@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, one thing that would help is if you could test the fixes soon
> and let us know whether that resolves your problem.

All fixes are working, so all my builds are now green.  Thanks for the
quick help!

> framework is being shutdown. Additionally, you have more then one
> framework inside the JVM.

While this may technically be true, it is because the Java 1.6 server
VM has a bug where it won't properly let go of Felix, so the instances
start adding up.  Apparently this bug has been around since 2004.

> Together (bundle:// url from string on the outside plus several
> frameworks going up and down) you have what I would call the second
> most complicated use case I have for the URLHandlers (the worst would
> be if this is happening inside websphere :-). So not too many people
> test for this.

Well, our apps have to run in Websphere, so we have builds for that
too...do I win yet? :)  WebSphere was interesting as they have their
own older OSGi container that gets leaked up to the application...many
hours wasted working around that one.

> Which reminds me, is there an easy way I can run your tests with trunk
> myself? That way I could make sure I do this next time before I do a
> release.

Sure, download the plugin framework at
http://studio.atlassian.com/svn/PLUG/trunk and change the parent pom's
dependency management section to whatever version of Felix you'd like.
 Now that the invoking API has stabilized, it should be a drop in.

Thanks again,

Don