felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Savage <dave.sav...@paremus.com>
Subject Sigil progress
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 20:58:56 GMT
Hi there,

Just to let you know some progress on sigil in terms of self hosting.
I've now managed to get sigil to such a stage where I can build the
eclipse bundles using the apache sigil ivy integration and run them in
eclipse to edit the apache sigil source. I'll write up some docs on
this on the wiki in due course.

The next thing I'd like to look at is runtime support to allow me to
close the loop and debug sigil using sigil then we should be able to
make rapid progress. It was discussed that the runtime support should
probably be based on the RFC 132 launching api. Just wondering if
anyone can point me in sensible directions in the felix source to go
look into this?

Also if anyone has any graphics skills sigil is currently lacking any
form of icons - which gets a bit dreary in the IDE, I've raised an
issue for this [1] in case anyone wants to jump in and help out...

Regards,

Dave

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1336