felix-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Walker <r...@ascert.com>
Subject Re: Felix HttpService improvement...
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2009 06:40:45 GMT
What do we need to do make this happen guys?

Sten - sounds like you've done a great job, kudos.

Felix/Marcel - sounds like you guys are happy with the approach and code

 >From our side, we can certainly run some "real world" compatibility
tests - which isn't to say in fact that Sten's new service would be
wrong and the current one right, just whether thenew version breaks
anything present in the exisiting service. If it does, I'm sure it'll
either be fixable, or something that's actually not correct in the
current service - so not a major issue. It'll be useful though to be
able to advise other Felix guys of anything that might differ and need
application changes.  I'm happy to make time to look at this next week.

After that - do we just call a vote? I'm guessing Sten, we also need to
propose you as a committter for maintenance?

Great progress though - the current Http service has served us pretty
well, but it's always been on the list to have cleaner and fuller solution

-- Rob