felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Confluence driving me mad
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 15:49:39 GMT
Ever since the Confluence update, I have been experiencing odd behavior
with respect to page restrictions. It seems that when I edit pages and
save them, somehow I end up adding page restrictions to the pages.
Specifically, the page gets set so only I can view or edit the pages.

First of all, I didn't even know about this feature until Clement
complained that he couldn't edit/view a page that I had restricted. At
the time, I just removed the restrictions and thought I must have
accidentally hit some wrong keystroke.

But this keeps happening. A message on users@felix just complained about
a broken link to the Shell Service, I checked and sure enough it has
page restrictions on it by me. Checking space admin, I see page
restrictions for all of the pages I edited recently:

    * Shell Service
    * Bundle Cache
    * PMC
    * Launching and embedding

This is starting to drive me mad, especially since it screws up our
exported web site. I have never explicitly attempted to set
restrictions. Neither have I changed my process for editing pages (just
click "edit" to start and "save" when done).

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Are there some automatic
page restrictions settings or anything like that?

-> richard