felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Savage <dave.sav...@paremus.com>
Subject Sigil built using sigil
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 18:25:14 GMT
Hi there,

For those who are interested I've managed to get the first stage of
the sigil build up and running, namely that I can build sigil using
sigil :)

If you want to try it out here are the steps to reproduce:

# cd $felix-svn
# svn update
# cd sigil
# ant

It'll probably take a /long/ time on first pass as it needs to
download a lot of large eclipse dependencies first time around and
either my connection is hosed or http://download.eclipse.org needs
more capacity (possibly both). But after this first pass the secondary
builds should run quickly i.e. seconds not minutes.

By way of a brief explanation of what is going on in this build.

1) I've hosted a prebuilt sigil-ivy-plugin at
2) The ant build downloads ivy, sigil-plugin, bnd and
equinox.common.jar and stores them in $felix-svn/sigil/cache/ant/lib
3) Ivy caches a set of remote bundles that sigil can't yet index (i.e.
no obr index to these resources yet)
4) Sigil creates local indexes of ivy cached bundles (just indexes filesystem)
5) Sigil builds all projects in $felix-svn/sigil/common and
$felix-svn/sigil/eclipse using the meta data from the various
sigil.properties files to resolve OSGi bundles  that satisfy the
dependencies from either the local cached repo or the spring
enterprise bundle repository (for which I do have an OBR index)

The next stage I want to get working is to generate an eclipse update
site from these artifacts so I can install these dependencies in

Please let me know if you have any problems, questions, or want to help out ;)

View raw message