felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Declarative Services bugs
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 07:32:43 GMT
Hi all,

as a result of a lengthy discussion on the OSGi Dev List [1], it was
found that we have two bugs in our Declarative services implementation
(Apache Felix SCR):

 * FELIX-1413 [2] - services for multiple, static references must
    only be bound to active components if the component is reactivated
    for another reason (e.g. reconfiguration or service unregistration)

 * FELIX-1414 [3] - registration of services with higher service
    ranking must not cause existing service bindings for unary
    references to be replaced. Service ranking is only used on initial
    binding to select the service to bind.

I will fix these issues for the upcoming 1.2 release of SCR and thus
remove the wrong functionality.

If you happen to require this non-compliant functionality, please speak
up so that we can find a solution. Thanks.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/osgi-dev@mail.osgi.org/msg00883.html
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1413
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1414

View raw message