felix-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Walker <r...@ascert.com>
Subject Re: Felix HttpService improvement...
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 06:44:29 GMT
We're a big user of the current felix Jetty http.

Would definitely welcome any improvement/enhancement - personally I'd
like to see it as a parallel implementation initially, so we can look at
both side by side. And then later, if/when everyone is happy and has
moved across then we could look to deprecate the existing one.

My motives are purely selfish here - we have a lot of live users on the
current implementation, and have had a couple of issues in the past
where changes broke these implementations. So it'd be good to be able to
stage any migration.

On the plus note - although our usage is quite basic, we do stick
strictly to what OSGi exposes as the HttpService API layer and use no
other features. So we make quite a good test site to ensure the
fundamentals of the base API are working as per the spec.

Regards

-- Rob