felix-dev mailing list archives

From Filippo Diotalevi <filippo.diotal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New feature in FileInstall
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:30:06 GMT
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Alin Dreghiciu<adreghiciu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, we are talking about pretty much a small change as it only adds the
> code to read the content of the link file and instead of a file input stream
> it uses url.openStream. So, it does not introduce any new dependency and the
> changes are relative small in
> size. I can out up a patch quickly. It may look like a lot of changes
> but is just moving code around.

I see. Having used Pax-Url I thought you wanted to add support for
custom protocol like mvn: or wrap:, which would require additional
code or dependencies.

Anyway, what would be the expected use case for .lnk files?
I mean, fileinstall usually update a bundle/file when it finds a new
version of it in the watched directory. What do you expect with .lnk
In other words, is the (linked) bundle updated when
a) the .lnk file is modified
b) when the resource pointed by the .lnk file is modified
Filippo Diotalevi

View raw message