felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Announcing EZDroid.com!
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 06:05:16 GMT
When the first Android SDK was launched, we were the first to get
Apache Felix running on it. Back then, we had to use a couple of
undocumented APIs. Recently, Google released Android version 1.5 which
now has a public API for loading classes, so we're proud to announce
that Apache Felix is once again the first to run on Android 1.5 and
support it out of the box.

This has lead to the the announcement of EZDroid, the world’s first
open-source, collaborative platform for the safe deployment of
component-based software applications and content across Android, and
other Java supporting mobile devices.

EZdroid was founded by two of Europe’s leading companies in the field
of OSS technology (luminis and Akquinet). It is the world’s first
platform, built from open source components, which will allow the mass
deployment of applications without proprietary licensing issues.

EZdroid supports the secure deployment of software applications and
content (known as Provisioning) to Android phones and in the future,
other mobile operating systems. We are now inviting developers and
other interested parties to become part of the EZdroid community.

Further information and a demonstration of the platform is now
available and downloadable to Android phones at: http://www.ezdroid.com/

Greetings, Marcel