felix-dev mailing list archives

From Glyn Normington <g...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Align Karaf deployer and felix fileinstall
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 08:08:59 GMT
I'm a little concerned about positioning deployer function below file

There are clearly many single bundle application scenarios where this
makes a lot of sense. But if you consider applications consisting of
multiple bundles where the deployer needs to perform certain
operations on the whole set of bundles, things get a bit tricky since
the result of that install operation is presumably limited to be a
single Bundle.

Also isn't it likely that the Karaf deployer will evolve at a faster
rate than the Felix OSGi framework and possibly even spawn multiple

So should the Karaf deployer should be integrated tightly in to file
install or enabled to plug in via an extension mechanism so that it
can logically sit on top of file install and perhaps more easily cope
with multiple bundle operations and evolve faster?

View raw message