felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Align Karaf deployer and felix fileinstall
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 14:31:07 GMT
I think this sounds reasonable as long as it keeps the basic simple
functionality in tact by default and the implementation remains simple
overall, since that was the original goal, as mentioned by Sahoo and
Filippo.

It doesn't sound like the added features add too much complexity and
could also be made optional where appropriate. So, that sounds good.

The original idea for FELIX-922 (supporting different types of files)
was to create something really lightweight, such as a simple handler
service interface which the core could retrieve from the service
registry and other bundles could implement. It sounds like this is what
has been done, so that seems good too.

Also as mentioned, merging might be more difficult, since the code bases
have changed, but merging features sounds possible.

I had also wondered about supporting start levels. My original thought
there was to create numbered subdirectories that correspond to the start
level for the contained bundles; however, that might be problematic with
exploded bundle support...something to think about.

-> richard