felix-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code: Marcin Wilkos
Date Tue, 26 May 2009 06:17:22 GMT
I think I've seen a JIRA about the ability to change the stylesheet of
the console, so it seems like an already envisioned enhancement to the
console.  I haven't dived to much into the code, so I'm not sure how
all non-html resources are loaded.  We need to find a mechanism to to
allow someone to override those resources.
Maybe we can use the same as we did for rebranding karaf:  use an
optional import package which will be used if present, else default to
the other resources.  This package has to be exported by the branding

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 08:11, Gert Vanthienen
<gert.vanthienen@gmail.com> wrote:
> L.S.,
> Marcin Wilkos will start coding on his Google Summer of Code project
> this week after spending the last few weeks on getting to know the
> projects a bit better.  The goal of the project is to build an
> extensible web-based management console for Apache Felix Karaf and
> ServiceMix 4.
> We've had a very short discussion on the ServiceMix dev list in April
> [1], but we would like to continue working on the Felix dev list for
> now, as most of the work will be targeted at Felix Karaf anyway.  We
> would definitely consider building this on top the Felix Web Console.
> It already has some of the functionality we're looking for and it
> already is extensible -- there some information on the Felix website
> [2] and I know the Sling project has built some extensions to the
> console, so we can find a code example there.  Is there any other
> information around for this?  Are there any limitations we have to be
> aware of before starting the project?
> I guess we already know about one such limitation: Apache Felix Karaf
> has the ability to 'rebrand' the text console with another ASCII art
> logo and header, so we would want that for the web console as well.
> As far as I can see, this is not yet supported by the Felix Web
> Console.  Are there any plans to support that?
> Regards,
> Gert Vanthienen
> [1] http://www.nabble.com/%22Web-based-management-console-for-ServiceMix%22-proposal-for-Google--Summer-of-Code-2009-td22967846ef12049.html#a22967846
> [2] http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-web-console.html