felix-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart McCulloch <mccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Felix File Install version 1.0.0
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 08:05:32 GMT
2009/5/4 Clement Escoffier <clement.escoffier@gmail.com>

> Hi,
> On 04.05.2009, at 09:54, Sahoo wrote:
>
>  Given that this release contains only bug fixes, should this not be
>> released as 0.9.4?
>>

> I set the version number to 1.0.0 to fix the versioning issue of file
> install. The first file install release was 0.9.0 instead of 1.0.0. So, I
> just (arbitrary) decided to fix that by creating the 1.0.0. This does not
> block to create quickly new releases. It was just to be homogeneous with the
> "general" Felix version numbers.

that's right - I remember this was discussed on the previous vote for 0.9.2
and it was agreed this next release should be 1.0.0, because FileInstall is
now considered stable :)

( also because Felix releases typically use even minor version numbers
  while development snapshots use odd to get around the OSGi ordering
  issue wrt. Maven versions: 1.3.0 < 1.3.0.SNAPSHOT < 1.4.0 )

Regards,

>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

--
Cheers, Stuart