felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Fragment support
Date Sun, 03 May 2009 15:58:15 GMT
On May 3, 2009, at 16:45 , Richard S. Hall wrote:

> For example, the host could
> import foo;version=[1.0.0,1.0.0] and the fragment could import
> foo;version=[2.0.0,2.0.0]. This would be impossible to resolve.
> Version
> is just one attribute, but there could be conflicts with any
> attribute.

It probably does not make any sense to allow such conflicting imports,
however, your comment later in the post triggered a question:

> Exports do not pose a conflict at all, since a bundle is allowed to
> export the same package more than once with different attributes. So,
> this is only an issue for overlapping import packages and required
> bundles.

So what if there was a bundle that actually exported:
foo;version=1.0.0 and foo;version=2.0.0. One could argue that this
would allow this bundle to be wired to the one above, which needs
version 1 and 2, both of which are exported by the same bundle.

Now I fully agree this is a very theoretical example, I can't find any
real world use for it, just curious. :)

Greetings, Marcel

View raw message