felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Move ServiceMix Kernel into Felix as a subproject
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2009 06:27:12 GMT
On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org> wrote:
> But I wouldn't be happy if a TLP was pursued only because
> there is this perception that Felix subprojects are for Felix only. That
> just perpetuates people's ignorance.

This was not the reason for my suggestion, and is to me an important
but separate issue.

My reasons for suggesting a TLP;

 - Already seems to have more community involvement than we require.

 - Multiple projects at the ASF are signaling interest to build on top of it.

 - OSGi is becoming a household technology, and Felix needs to address
the 'umbrella' concerns sooner or later. TLP would avoid adding to
that label.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer