felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [Karaf] Moving Karaf svn into Felix
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:09:22 GMT
On 4/27/09 7:02 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> I don't have any objections, but I just want to point that making
> Felix TLP less tied to the Felix framework would imply that the
> framework can be referred to as something else than "Apache Felix"
> imho.
>
> The discussion about raising visibility of Felix subprojects has
> already been raised in the past.  I think enhancing the web site is
> the first thing to do, but the confustion won't go away easily if
> "Apache Felix" refers to both the TLP and the runtime.  At least, it's
> difficult to emphazise the fact that subprojects are quite independant
> of Apache Felix runtime ...
> I don't have any good proposition so far about that.

Agreed. It really is the Apache Felix Framework and I do call it that on
occasion when I want to stress the point, but you are right that it
normally gets shortened to just Apache Felix when referring only to the
framework.

Who volunteered to take a stab at rearranging the web site? I think that
would be a good step in the right direction.

-> richard