felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [Karaf] Moving Karaf svn into Felix
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:06:22 GMT
On 4/27/09 7:36 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> Ok, I'm not really convinced, but since it seems there is a lot of
> reluctance I think we should aim for:
>    * packages in org.apache.felix.karaf
>    * use existing FELIX infrastructure (mailing list, jira tracker,
> confluence space)
>
> I think we should start with the above and reconsider later if there is a need.
> Is everyone satisfied with the above ?

I think this sounds fine.

My main concern was that the reason for moving to Felix was to focus the
community on it, thus it seemed strange to then try to make it
completely separate in approach, mailing lists, infrastructure, etc.,
since that approach could have been done at ServiceMix and achieved the
same result, I would think.

-> richard