felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [Karaf] Moving Karaf svn into Felix
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:02:20 GMT
On 4/24/09 7:55 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> And we are used to this already, everyone speaks about Apache iPojo, but
> I've never seen Apache Felix iPojo.

That is completely false. Look at our subproject page:

     http://felix.apache.org/site/subprojects.html

Everything there is Apache Felix XXX, including iPOJO. Ask Clement, I
have corrected him on this numerous times when we first got started. It
is either "iPOJO" or "Apache Felix iPOJO", but never "Apache iPOJO". If
so, it is a mistake.

Of course, I accept we can make a different decision in this case, but I
just want to be clear that I have certainly tried to be precise up until
now that our subprojects are part of Apache Felix.

Otherwise, why don't we create org.apache.log, org.apache.ipojo,
org.apache.http, org.apache.upnp...

-> richard