felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next release of the Felix parent pom [1.1.0]
Date Sat, 18 Apr 2009 09:41:49 GMT
Hi Stuart,

Stuart McCulloch schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to stage a new release of our parent pom (ie. pom/pom.xml) - this
> will exercise the new release process.
> Are there any objections to starting this? Does anyone have any changes they
> would like to make to this pom?
>
> Note that this isn't a vote on the actual release - I will start that once
> I've staged it using Nexus.
>
> Also please hold off from any new releases until I've tried out the new
> process and documented it on the wiki :)

Can we split the parent pom (definitions pertaining to all Felix
projects) and reactor (<modules> section) functionalities into into two
files by that matter ?

We could for example create a reactor project at trunk, which stays at
SNAPSHOT version for ever and which we can update as we see fit to
accomodate new child projects.

The actual parent pom would remain where it was and would be updated and
released for release new general setup such as the deployment configuration.

In addition it is IMO also a matter of separation of concerns (reactor
vs. general setup). We have done this in the Sling and Jackrabbit
projects with much success (IMHO).

Regards
Felix