felix-dev mailing list archives

From Filippo Diotalevi <filippo.diotal...@gmail.com>
Subject Release FlieInstaller?
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 07:59:08 GMT
Hi,
  I'm wondering what do you think about releasing a new version of FileInstall.

The trunk contains several unreleased improvements and important bugfixes now:
	FELIX-895	 FIXED	 File Install treats configuration files with
identical subnames as the same configuration
	FELIX-937	 FIXED	 FileInstall can't handle autostart bundles that are
part of watched directory
	FELIX-938	 FIXED	 FileInstall starts a stopped bundles even if it is
stopped transiently by user
 	FELIX-920	 FIXED	 Add option to only install or "install and start"
newly discovered bundles
 	FELIX-942	 FIXED	 Fileinstall unit tests
 	FELIX-926	 FIXED	 FileInstall does not read all values from
Configuration properties

I'm using a FileInstall snapshot since weeks now, without any problem.

On the other side, I don't see any immediate action for the 4 open issues:

	FELIX-551	File Install tries to installa a bundle that is installed
already	---> it's an old bug, I believe it was fixed with FELIX-937
commit
 	FELIX-932	Don't install plain jar files as bundles	   -->
improvement, not sure how to implement it
 	FELIX-922	File Install bundle should be extensible to support new
artifact type	 --->  improvement
 	FELIX-983	Allow property substitution in config file       --> improvement

WDYT?

--
Filippo Diotalevi