felix-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Move ServiceMix Kernel into Felix as a subproject
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:41:52 GMT
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 13:29, Adrian Trenaman <trenaman@progress.com> wrote:
> +1 for the name, and +1 for bringing together the felix and SMX kernels
> communities.
>
> One question though: will Karaf be intimately tied to the Felix OSGi
> implementation? I think that Karaf would be stronger if we can show that it
> works over any OSGi compliant core. Thoughts, anyone?

I agree with this statement.  Some work is needed to be able to
achieve that, as it's a bit tied to felix right now, but I don't see
any technical issues.
Most of Felix sub projects are independant of the felix runtime, and
even if I don't necesseraly really see Karaf shipping equinox by
default, I do envision an easy way to switch.  Or maybe provide two
distributions by default, why not ?

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet