felix-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Move ServiceMix Kernel into Felix as a subproject
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 08:08:33 GMT
Over at Directory we have made significant strides in a Maven plugin that
generates installers for almost all commonly used platformed (minus AIX
perhaps).  Early in Felix' inception we introduced this plugin so it could
be used to make installers for daemons/services.  These installers are quite
generalized and can be used to help make installers and packages for
applications based on the SM Kernel.  This might be the time now to
contribute them to the SM Kernel effort.  The installers generated are
debian packages, rpm packages, solaris packages, mac osx installers, windows
installers, and os independent tar/zip balls.

Chris and I discussed this last night on IRC.  Don't know if this will add
value but we're more than willing to facilitate if this is something others
would be interested in.