felix-dev mailing list archives

From Alin Dreghiciu <adreghi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Move ServiceMix Kernel into Felix as a subproject
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 13:02:45 GMT
+1 for moving SMX Kernel to Felix and also for the name. I'm just
wondering about the following: SMXK comes with its one, very
nice/powerful shell: gshell and quote a lot of effort is there to
implement OSGi and services related shell commands. Very good guys.
But now there is another shell at felix which again has its own
commands. More Peter Kriens donated his own shell implementation which
was used to prototype RFC132. So, isn't there to many shells? I think
from the user perspective will be good if they are familiar with the
shell regardless they use Felix or SMK shell. More, writing commands
shall not be a duplicate effort, something for felix shell and
something for SMXK.
Personally I would like a combination between gshell and PeterK work.

--
Alin Dreghiciu
http://www.ops4j.org - New Energy for OSS Communities - Open