felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon EU Felix BOF
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 20:50:19 GMT
On 3/27/09 1:33 PM, clement escoffier wrote:
> 2009/3/27 Marcel Offermans<marcel.offermans@luminis.nl>
>> Our users are telling us they want a full R4.1 implementation (this is one
>> of the things I've been hearing for a long time now), so I think we should
>> make an effort to get to that point.
>>

> Exactly, I forget to mention that. They definitely want the compliance and
> additional services. However, I know that Rick is working hard to get the
> fragments. Is it the last missing core functionality?

For R4.1, the main features are fragments and lazy activation (there is
security, too, but less important). Once we get the 1.6 release out, I
have the following priorities:

   1. Some performance issues.
   2. Lazy activation.
   3. Fragments.

No timeline on these, but that is the order in which I will attack them
along with everything else.

-> richard