felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Felix 1.5.0 snapshot
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 14:47:36 GMT
Excellent. Thanks, Felix.

I have tried to create a test case from the one example you sent me.
Overall it works, but I cannot figure out how to make the test case
completely clean. For example, when I test it on the snapshot everything
is fine, but if I test it on an older version that exhibited deadlock, I
cannot interrupt the thread when I timeout so the test case cannot clean
up the threads. In the end, the test case hangs.

I guess this test case could be good enough, since if we regress tests
will hang, so we will know to fix it, but it would be nicer if I could
break the deadlock somehow. I will think about it a little more and will
eventually commit it to my sandbox bnd testing harness.

-> richard