felix-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Deploying Felix source jars to Maven central repository
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:52:03 GMT
On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org> wrote:

> Well, I certainly don't mind releasing our sources, I won't claim our
> JavaDoc are very interesting. :-) I guess we just need to do it.

Just to set the mindset accurately, in case it is missed somewhere...

>From the ASF's point of view, we ONLY releases sources. It is written
in the by-laws that we produce and make available open SOURCE software
for the public good.

All other artifacts, such as binaries, packages, installers, javadocs,
are purely a convenience to some downstream users, but it is not
mandatory at all.
Also, I have not checked how hard it is to build a Maven project from
the released -sources.jar file, but that should also be checked to be
reasonably "easy", or we are missing a point.

Nuff said...