felix-dev mailing list archives

From Filippo Diotalevi <filippo.diotal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Patch for File Install issues #FELIX-937, 938 & 939
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:08:52 GMT
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 4:50 AM, Sahoo <Sahoo@sun.com> wrote:
> Sahoo wrote:
>> I have attached the patch to FELIX-939. I did not want to separate the
>> patch into three because while trying to address 939, I took care of the
>> other two issues.
> Any comments about this patch?

Hi Sahoo, I notice a couple of strange behaviors in the patched code;
I had to change my code to be able to run it with the patched version,
I'm not sure they're bugs though.

1) I installed by bundles using a relative path formatted as
Felix doesn't complain and install the bundle correctly. On the other
side, the plain Java code

String location = new URI(bundles[i].getLocation()).normalize().getPath()
(DirectoryWatcher, line 493) returns null

Of course, I get a NPE on the following instruction.
Note that bundle[i].getLocation() returns the correct
"file:bundles/mybundle.jar" String.
To fix that I used the absolute path (

2) I have bundle who is dependent on externally provided services that
is not started (I can start it later manually, and it works).
I haven't investigated on this issue, but it seems to be related to
the order bundles are started.

Filippo Diotalevi

View raw message