felix-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart McCulloch <mccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Patch for File Install issues #FELIX-937, 938 & 939
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 18:38:04 GMT
2009/2/14 Sahoo <Sahoo@sun.com>

> Hi,
> PFA a patch for following File Install bundle issues;
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-937
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-938
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-939
> Your comments are welcome.

Hi Sahoo,

FYI, before we can apply any external patch it must first be attached to a
JIRA issue.
You also need to check the box that grants a license to the ASF for the

   " Grant license to ASF for inclusion in ASF works (as per the Apache
License <http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0> ยง5)
        Contributions intended for inclusion in ASF products (eg. patches,
code) must be licensed to ASF
        under the terms of the Apache
Other attachments (eg. log dumps, test cases) need not be."

it's also (imho) easier to review a patch when it's broken into separate
pieces, ie.
one per issue rather than have one mega-patch that fixes many issues at

Of course it's not always possible to break up a patch like this, but still
I think it
should be attached to at least one JIRA issue so we know it's been granted
the design discussion can be properly logged and recorded

> Sahoo

Cheers, Stuart