felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release maven-bundle-plugin 2.0.0
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 15:30:16 GMT
Stuart McCulloch wrote:
> 2009/2/27 Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org>
>

>> Cross posting a vote to three mailing lists? This doesn't seem like a good
>> idea.
>>

> posting a vote to dev and CC'ing it to users who'll want to test it out
> seems a good idea to me,
> especially as I think there are a lot of people who use the bundleplugin on
> these two other lists

I think you'd be better off posting the vote to dev@felix and then
posting a message to the other mailing list informing them about the
vote. Then I wouldn't be getting lots of duplicate votes in my mailbox
and messages to moderate for votes from non-subscribers.

> just posting it to the dev list limits the feedback on whether there are any
> showstopper bugs
> that will break people's existing projects - especially as this is a major
> update of functionality

I agree it is worthwhile to make more people aware of the pending
release, just debating the approach.

> binding votes will come via the dev list (and it's not as if I don't know
> who has binding votes...)

See above.

-> richard