felix-dev mailing list archives

From Fran├žois Fornaciari <FRANCOIS.FORNACI...@BULL.NET>
Subject Fragment bundle support
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:39:36 GMT

I know that the fragment bundle support is on going, but I would like to
submit a case that I have encountered.

It seems that the installation order of a host bundle and its fragment
bundle modify the fragment support behaviour.
I have made some tests and if the fragment bundle is installed before
the host bundle, everything goes fine. The host bundle can load a class
from its fragment and the classloader used to load the class corresponds
to the classloader of the host bundle. This case works also fine when
getting a resource.

If I invert the installation order, that means if the host bundle is
installed before the fragment bundle, the host bundle fails to get the
same resource from the fragment. The class loading seems to work but if
try to print the used classloader, the host bundle loads the class using
the classloader of the fragment host.

Is this behaviour expected?

View raw message