felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Deploying Felix source jars to Maven central repository
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 07:57:22 GMT
Stuart McCulloch wrote:
> 2009/2/9 Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org>
>
>> Does anyone know/remember why we may have disabled the default Maven
>> release profile? It seems this makes it so we don't publish our source or
>> JavaDoc.
>>

> the subversion logs show this has always been there since
> Carsten added the release profile to the main Felix pom:
>
>    svn diff -r604235:r604236 pom/pom.xml
>
> perhaps it was disabled because we define our own release
> profile? Carsten may have wanted to avoid potential conflicts
> between our profile and the default Maven profile - if that's the
> case then we could always just add the source and javadoc
> plugin entries to our release profile...
>
> I certainly have no idea.
>
> hopefully Carsten can explain the reasoning behind it :)
:)

Oh my, me and my weak memory...sigh..ok, seriously :) I think the reason
was to not release the source and javadocs. This was the way how we did
our releases before we fully used maven so I just copied this behaviour
and disabled this.
So if we want to release source and javadocs, we should just add it our
release profile.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler