felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Declarative Services (SCR) planning
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2009 11:38:22 GMT
Hi all,

I have fixed all outstanding open issues for the scr (Declarative
Services) module and deployed a SNAPSHOT (1.0.7-20090206.204036-2). It
would be great if this SNAPSHOT could be tested out in the wild. I plan
to cut a release 1.0.8 sometime next week. You can find all issues fixed
for the 1.0.8 release at [1].

As a next step I imagine, that the changes to the Declarative Services
Specifications planned for the 4.2 Specification Release (RFC 134 [2])
should be implented. I have created issues from the second draft [2] and
plan to release the implementation as version 1.2.0, so the issues are
marked to be fixed in scr-1.2.0 [3].

I am starting to implement these changes, but of course, and as always,
help in the form of patches is very welcome. I start this implementation
in my sandbox at [4].

Timing is completely undefined and of course targets may change since
the proposed changes are still in draft form.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX/fixforversion/12313413
[2] http://www.osgi.org/download/osgi-4.2-early-draft2.pdf
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX/fixforversion/12313639
[4] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/sandbox/fmeschbe/scr