felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of the dependencymanager 2.0.0
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2009 12:57:28 GMT

Marcel Offermans wrote:
> On Jan 31, 2009, at 13:09 , Karl Pauls wrote:
>> I think you already figured it out. You need to have a LICENSE and
>> NOTICE file in the root of your projects. Additionally, depending on
>> your set-up you might need an

>> instruction in your poms to make them end-up in the jar artifacts.
> Ok, I seem to have to add that.

The NOTICE file is trickier (but still fairly simple). You need to
declare your "used" versus "included" dependencies, i.e., "external
dependencies" vs "external dependencies embedded in your JAR". Just look
at other subprojects for examples and if you want verify your NOTICE
file, just send it to the list.

-> richard

>> I guess the next step is to clean-up the release tags in svn and
>> downgrade your version in trunk manually. Then you can redo the
>> release. Ping me when you need more help.
> I'm a bit puzzled about that downgrading message. You mean I can still
> try to fix 2.0.0 and re-open the vote? I did remove the release tags
> for now.
> Could you please explain this, as I did add my key to the KEYS file.
> Also, when I verify the signature on one of the release files it says:
> $ gpg org.apache.felix.dependencymanager-2.0.0.jar.asc
> gpg: Signature made Wed Jan 28 22:29:37 2009 CET using DSA key ID
> C5E9604F
> gpg: Good signature from "Marcel Offermans (CODE SIGNING KEY)
> <marrs@apache.org>"
> Greetings, Marcel

View raw message