felix-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Walker <r...@ascert.com>
Subject Question on base Felix property handling
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 09:11:40 GMT
Wondering if there's any reason why we couldn't allow an alternate Felix
constructor that supports a pluggable property handler e.g. a custom Map
or Property class?

I seem to recall in the past we did actually have this (the old
xxxResolver flavour). I know with ConfigAdmin and more recent services
there are other more general ways to handle config, but the original
BundleContext.getProperty() is still very useful for the simple cases.
We'd like to tweak our handling so that all our "get some config
property" go back to a common place, including
BundleContext.getProperty(). Allowing a pluggable property handler /
resolver as an optional way to instantiate Felix would give us a handy
way to do this.

-- Rob

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge
+44 (0)20 7488 3470