felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of the dependencymanager 2.0.0
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2009 12:30:49 GMT
Hey Karl,

Thanks for your help on this!

On Jan 31, 2009, at 13:09 , Karl Pauls wrote:

> Seriously, nobody did say its easy to do releases - I agree with
> richard that it is more of a pain then it should be. Contributions to
> make it easier by doing some maven magic or writing a check/built
> script are more then welcome!

I'll definitely add to the release page as I learn more.

>> For the signing process, I also followed the procedure. Can anyone
>> tell me
>> what went wrong there? Karl?
>
> I think you already figured it out. You need to have a LICENSE and
> NOTICE file in the root of your projects. Additionally, depending on
> your set-up you might need an
> <Include-Resource>META-INF/LICENSE=LICENSE,META-INF/NOTICE=NOTICE</
> Include-Resrouce>
> instruction in your poms to make them end-up in the jar artifacts.

Ok, I seem to have to add that.

> I guess the next step is to clean-up the release tags in svn and
> downgrade your version in trunk manually. Then you can redo the
> release. Ping me when you need more help.

I'm a bit puzzled about that downgrading message. You mean I can still
try to fix 2.0.0 and re-open the vote? I did remove the release tags
for now.

Could you please explain this, as I did add my key to the KEYS file.
Also, when I verify the signature on one of the release files it says:

$ gpg org.apache.felix.dependencymanager-2.0.0.jar.asc
gpg: Signature made Wed Jan 28 22:29:37 2009 CET using DSA key ID
C5E9604F
gpg: Good signature from "Marcel Offermans (CODE SIGNING KEY) <marrs@apache.org
 >"

Greetings, Marcel