felix-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Walker <r...@ascert.com>
Subject Preferences Service - noob question
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 08:46:16 GMT
I'm just starting to look at replacing our ageing Properties based
service with something more standard, like the OSGi Preferences Service.

In fact I suspect I'll end up looking at both Config Admin (for system
config) and Preferences in conjunction, but that's a guess at this stage.

Since this is not an area I've looked at, I thought I'd ask a couple of
newbie questions:

    * is this a widely usage area of OSGi i.e nicely proven in the real
      world, and is it stable or likely to be replaced / updated in
      major ways soon?
    * anyone got a good/recommended implementations or other
      experiences? It seems the greatest variance here will be kinds of
      backing stores supported. I remember seeing both 'prefs' and
      'configadmin' bundles in the Felix set, but I've not actually used
      them previously.

TIA for any tips

-- Rob

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge