felix-dev mailing list archives

From Didier Donsez <didier.don...@imag.fr>
Subject Re: JMX UI for felix shell service
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 07:30:11 GMT
Hi Barrend

I have developed 2 JConsole/VisualVM plugins to acces to the Felix shell
and to manage the framework.
You can found some in the MOSGi subproject
Mime exploit the last JMX features of the JRE 1.6.0_10 (and more)
You can found snapshots here

But I have a license issue to solve for the plugin part: the
JConsolePlugin API is "GPL Classpath Exception" (like the OpenJDK and
Glassfish) and I don't know if it is compatible with the ASL2.
I have discussed of that with Rick yesterday ;-)

Stephane Frenot who leads the JMX-related subproject (MOSGi) in the
Felix project could coordinate MBeans and GUI components contributions

Best regards