felix-dev mailing list archives

From "clement escoffier" <clement.escoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Felix HTTP Service improvement
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:32:29 GMT
Hi,

When we specify the port 0 in org.osgi.service.http.port or
org.osgi.service.http.port.secure, the system gives an unused port
automatically. This avoids socket binding issues (when a port is already
used by another application). However, there is no way to get this port from
the published HTTP service.

This improvement is very simple. Just publish a service property with the
HTTP service indicating the port. For example, the Equinox HTTP service
publishes the 'http.port' property. This allows other bundles to get the
port and is able to send an endpoint URL to a remote client.

May these properties reused the org.osgi.service.http.port or
org.osgi.service.http.port.secure names, or follows the Equinox way
(http.port) ?

Regards,

Clement