felix-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Walker <r...@ascert.com>
Subject Standard method to get Bundle or Bundle ID from a Bundle URL ??
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:03:52 GMT
Realised my Http cacheing code fails to get timestamps for JAR bundle

Couple of thoughts / questions on this:

    * Bundle has a getLastModified call that I think I can use to help
      with this - it won't be perfect, but it should aid cacheing at
      least in between installs/updates of bundles.
    * little rusty on latest Felix codebase - anyone know if there are
      existing / standard utils to get either a Bundle or a Bundle ID
      from a a bundle URL e.g

    * I'm wondering if we can enhance the bundle URL handler to actually
      return this by default for a URLConnection, when getLastModified()
      is called for a bundle URL so that code will by default at least
      return the Bundle last modified time for a resource e.g

        URLConnection conn = resUrl.openConnection();
        lastModified = conn.getLastModified();

    * Will take a look and see if I can find code for this and see how
      feasible it might be.

-- Rob

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge
+44 (0)20 7488 3470