felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Rob Walker" <R...@ascert.com>
Subject Re: web console multi file upload and install
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 06:58:50 GMT
roger

If it's of interest - I have some Java file upload code lying around that I created for posting
Jgraph files back to a server when running as an applet.

Regards

-rob
-----------------------
Sent from my Treo(r) smartphone

-----Original Message-----
From: "Roger Martin" <waldensianspirit@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, Sep 6, 2008 3:05 am
Subject: web console multi file upload and install
To: "dev@felix.apache.org" <dev@felix.apache.org> Reply-To: "dev@felix.apache.org" <dev@felix.apache.org>

Hi Felix developers,

 In my local Felix development  I've been testing different ways to
 change the web console to allow multiple files to be dragged from an
 OS folder and upload them via the 'Apache Felix Web Management
 Console'.  After searching, testing and running into many obsolete
 documentations in this murky territory I found the FancyUpload by
http://digitarald.de/project/fancyupload/1-0/ works using a flash
 method.  My first case, Firefox is working and I got all the other
 noted browsers queued up for testing. FancyUpload has an MIT license
(http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php).

 If this feature is of interest, is the license ok?

 Is there another preferred technology I should test?

 Also I know that Glassfish is possibly remodeling to fit the Felix
 console in with the Glassfish Admin Console; perhaps this may fit
 there?  Although I know that there are many profiles I as a Felix user
 like to set up independent of glassfish for testing.  Each of these
 profiles are very much like a unit test for scenarios involving a
 subset of the composite apps I'm working on.  So a way to quickly set
 them up via multi file upload and install works for me.  Perhaps for
 others as well.