felix-dev mailing list archives

From Francesco Furfari <francesco.furf...@isti.cnr.it>
Subject Re: upnp media server pure java
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:06:31 GMT

Bruce Jackson has opened a bug
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-630) that could be related
to your,  although it concerns Xbox 360.
However, supposing there is not a network problem, you may do some test
to understand if the problem is related to either the M-SEARCH or the
Announce of the devices, or both :(.

So when you start/stop a sample on the Felix platform an announce is
sent to the already started UPnP Control Points (CPs). If they after a
while do not see the sample device it means that the announce is not
well interpreted/received by the CPs. Then stop and restart the CPs,
they should send an M-SEARCH packet to which the samples running on the
Felix Platform must reply. If the samples are not discovered then the
problem is also in the M-Search response (e.g Felix-630).

Try also to use some packet sniffer to see what really happen on the
network, I cannot help you because I haven't got a PS3

Jackson, Bruce wrote:
> When you say that you're using the samples in felix, what do you mean? Cyberlink is a
upnp media server application built on top of the upnp stack. You would need to build a similar
media server on top of the felix upnp stack in order for it to be seen by the ps3. Felix uses
a newer version of the same underlying upnp base driver as cyberlink.

View raw message