felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Fragment support 1.0.4 to 1.2 doesn't Import classes
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 20:07:22 GMT
Argh!

Yes, we probably should have made that configurable. Where were you when
I was asking about throwing an exception on fragment install? ;-)

I guess the short answer is "no, there is no way to change it". You have
two options at this point:

   1. Roll your own release that disables the exception (pretty easy to
      do, I guess I might actually be able to make this configurable in
      trunk and create a new snapshot that will eventually become 1.2.2
      and you could use that for the time being).
   2. Keep using 1.0.4 until we do another release that makes this
      configurable.

I don't see any reason why we couldn't make this configurable, perhaps
someone sees something that I don't. The fact that your apps worked at
all before I guess was just luck, since we ignored fragments altogether
in 1.0.4.

-> richard