felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart McCulloch" <stuart.mccull...@jayway.net>
Subject Re: Maven & OSGi plans
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:27:01 GMT
2008/8/25 Rob Walker <robw@ascert.com>

> I always feel like I'm a bit old-school and not keeping up with newer
> trends because I stick with Ant by preference ... glad to see I'm  not
> alone!
> -  Rob

hehe - I guess I have a split personality, because I use Ant on some
projects and Maven on others ;)

anyway, not-withstanding the Require-Bundle question* it's great to see more
people working on OSGi
tooling, hopefully they can learn something from our efforts. Personally I'd
like to see this sort of work
fade into the background so developers can focus on writing bundles, not
their build system

* note the bundleplugin and Bnd allow you to set Require-Bundle, but don't
automatically compute it
I guess we could calculate it, but I haven't had the motivation to make
Require-Bundle easier to use!

--
Cheers, Stuart