felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart McCulloch" <stuart.mccull...@jayway.net>
Subject Classloading across bundles
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 10:38:05 GMT
2008/8/4 Jackson, Bruce <brucej@qualcomm.com>

> Hi Stuart
>
> Well, that's interesting. To use your description of my problem (which is
> correct) the interface ObjectManagement declared in bundle A is indeed
> public, and it is also imported by B. B provides its own interface (in the
> code fragment, its passed as the argument clazz) which it passes to the
> service method in A.

I've just hacked up an extremely simple project that does exactly this:

  the client (B) passes a class to the proxy service (A), which creates
  a proxy based on the given class and another interface from A that
  is both public and exported from A.

The project deploys and runs without any exceptions - also note the
proxy bundle (A) doesn't need to import anything from the client (B).

So I think there must be something else in your particular setup that
is causing the visibility issue - I see from the stack trace that you're
also using some sort of remoting, which does a "Class.forName(...)"
I think this is the actual problem, to confirm this you could comment
out the remoting call and see if the same exception occurs.

To diagnose further we'd need access to some sort of public testcase
(unless your project is already open-source) that recreates the issue,
because the solution depends a lot on what the remoting code needs.

I'll email you my example proxy project separately, as attachments
often get removed from the mailing list - to build and deploy it use:

   "mvn clean install pax:provision"

HTH

So, according to your scenario, A should be able to create a proxy object

--
Cheers, Stuart