felix-dev mailing list archives

From Christian van Spaandonk <christian.vanspaand...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: OSGi R4.1 API
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2008 10:06:40 GMT
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> In an effort to break things before the weekend, I just committed a
> patch to upgrade org.osgi.core to the R4.1 API. :-)
> This changed required that I add some needed stub methods to the
> framework.
> I built the trunk from scratch (i.e., deleted my maven repo) and
> everything worked fine. I also ran the build against the TCK and all
> of the normal tests passed. So, I think we are ok, but your mileage
> may vary.
> Please let me know if you run into any difficulties.
> We will try to address updated org.osgi.compendium when Christian
> comes back, since he already started the process.
> -> richard

Nice! I just committed the updated compendium bundle. I also built the
trunk from scratch and all seems fine. Most changes in the compendium
are additions so the impact should be minimal. One package changed it's
version so a few dependencies may have to be updated in the future to
reflect the new version. It concerns the org.osgi.util.tracker package
being updated from 1.3.2 to 1.3.3. The following locations reference the
old package version, I did not update these:

Activator.java -

Activator.java -

config.properties.core - felixtrunk/mosgi/doc
config.properties.jmxconsole - felixtrunk/mosgi/doc
config.properties.upnp - felixtrunk/upnp/doc
config.properties - felixtrunk/installers/src/main/installers
config.properties - felixtrunk/main/conf
config.properties - felixtrunk/main/src/main/resources
default.properties - felixtrunk/main/src/main/resource

- Christian van Spaandonk

View raw message