felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig Phillips" <lcphill...@praxiseng.com>
Subject RE: brain teaser - embedded felix / class cast exception
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 17:01:40 GMT
Hi,

I'm willing to give reflection a try... seems like the best approach
from a 24x7 standpoint, where I want to have the ability to change the
impl and yet my parent is wired to the interface... or, so, that's my
plan...

I was thinking about how OSGi does it (without digging in to the code,
that is), and obviously the bundles work with classes loaded from each
others bundles... so, it seems I want to mimic/duplicate that exact same
functionality... how it does that, I haven't a clue... not sure if
that's reflection, but if it is, I'd be willing to give it a shot...

However, with all that said, I think the easiest way is what you
suggest:
Tweaking config.properties for 'org.osgi.framework.system.packages'
(although, I like the reflection idea better...);

Deiter, et al... the "service" portion of the debug prints didn't print
anything? --
DEBUG:CL Context:WebappClassLoader
  delegate: false
  repositories:
----------> Parent Classloader:
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader@d1e604

DEBUG:CL Current:WebappClassLoader
  delegate: false
  repositories:
----------> Parent Classloader:
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader@d1e604

DEBUG:CL Service:7.0
Not sure what's up with that...

Thanks again for your advisement(s) / assistance, Craig