felix-dev mailing list archives

From "Stuart McCulloch" <stuart.mccull...@jayway.net>
Subject Re: DS and references without an interface
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:28:58 GMT
2008/7/23 Alin Dreghiciu <adreghiciu@gmail.com>:

> Thanx Felix.
>
> Yes, I posted the same question on more mailing lists as I did not got
> a reply from Felix list were I originally posted the question. I think
> you were in vacation and all DS knowledge was with you :)
> BJ answered same thing: not supported. But I'm thinking to add an
> enhancement issue on DS with OSGi alliance as to me this seems as a
> valid use case even if is a corner case.

FYI, the schema for RFC124 (the Spring inspired component model RFC)
currently allows service references with no declared interface(s) - however
I haven't actually tried this in practice with Spring-DM so YMMV...

anyway, sounds like a good idea to raise this issue with DS and RFC124

Regards,

--
Cheers, Stuart